Excellent travel resources
- EuroCheapo: This site is a great resource for planning any travel to Europe, especially for budget accommodations and advice.
- Kayak: If I’m flying to my next destination, this is usually my first stop for comparing airfares. Also great for rental cars.
Favorite travel blogs
- Paul Moylan: Paul shares his inspirational stories from the Camino de Santiago in Spain.
- Nomadic Matt: Matt is a professional traveler, for lack of a better description. A good read for anyone getting started in long-term travel.
- A Girl with Gumption: Melanie writes about her two-year stint as a Peace Corps volunteer in Senegal.
- A Dangerous Business: Amanda shares her travel stories from the United States and from around the globe.
- The Alibi, by Ally: Alyssa, a brilliant young writer from Australia, gives us her take on round-the-world travel.
- LandLopers: Matt delivers news and commentary about travel throughout the world. Also a fellow W&M alumnus: Go Tribe!
- Andean Drift: Tom blogs about his extensive travels throughout Latin America and Europe.
- Katie Going Global: Katie writes about her year of traveling and volunteering throughout the former Soviet Union.
- Mallory on Travel: Iain shares tales of his travel adventures with an emphasis on Europe.
- The Morning Fresh: Katie puts the emphasis of her travel blog on climbing and the outdoors.
- Travel Rinse Repeat: John travels a lot for work and shares the details with his readers.
- Travel Addicts: Laura and Lance work to support their travel habit and pack in as much adventure as the real world allows.
Travel blog directories
- The Longest Way Home: This large and growing directory of travel blogs includes Facebook pages, Twitter profiles, and RSS feeds.
- Dave’s Travel Corner: Extensive directory of personal travel blogs with ratings and comments.
- Nomadic Notes: Maintains a categorized directory of travel blogs from around the world.
- itravelnet.com: Extensive directory of travel blogs, categorized alphabetically.
Please use the comment box if you’re interested in having your travel blog or website listed on this page. Thanks!