- Bottoms Up Pizza: The unique twelve-hour crust and the historic Shockoe Bottom location make it worth a trip. Order by the slice. Trust me, a slice is a meal.
- Jefferson Hotel: This charming, historic, late 19th-century grand hotel is a gem. Received both AAA Five Diamond and Mobil Five Star awards. Check for a prepaid deal. The location alone may be worth it.
- Kuba Kuba: Cuban food and a great diner-like atmosphere in the historic Fan neighborhood. Get there early and try the tres leches cake for dessert.
- Museum of the Confederacy: Along with the White House of the Confederacy, this small museum offers a view of the Confederacy and the Civil War that few of us see in history books. Ask about a AAA discount.
- Richmond International Airport: Maybe one of the friendliest, most convenient international airports in the United States. Even the TSA officers are almost tolerable.
Last updated December 7, 2011.