About the authorCurt is an avid traveler who has been sharing his travel stories on the Internet since 1994. Read more about Curt and his travel blog.
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin at the Cathedral of Chartres
- Safely home from Paris
- The coast of Greenland from 38,000 feet
- The day we were left alone in the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles
- Regional words and fat Frenchmen
- Eiffel Tower twinkling at night
- Eiffel Tower in the fog
- Safe arrival in Paris
- Latest adventure underway
- Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
Tag Archives: Timeshare
Immediately upon leaving the customs area, we were forced to walk through a narrow corridor, maybe 50 feet long, with white desks and video screens on both sides. I now refer to this as the gauntlet. In the gauntlet, roughly a dozen men and women with official-looking badges work over the fresh arrivals, trying to convince us they are our ride to our hotel. They’re not.