About the authorCurt is an avid traveler who has been sharing his travel stories on the Internet since 1994. Read more about Curt and his travel blog.
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin at the Cathedral of Chartres
- Safely home from Paris
- The coast of Greenland from 38,000 feet
- The day we were left alone in the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles
- Regional words and fat Frenchmen
- Eiffel Tower twinkling at night
- Eiffel Tower in the fog
- Safe arrival in Paris
- Latest adventure underway
- Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
Tag Archives: The Loop
It was another beautiful morning in Phoenix. I arrived at the trailhead for the Loop at Shaw Butte at 5:48 am, and the temperature was 68 degrees. At a stopping point on the way up the south side of Shaw Butte, I snapped a photo of the sun rising over the mountains to the southeast.
One of my favorite urban hikes in Phoenix is what I call the Loop at Shaw Butte. It’s a roughly five-mile hike, has a lot of changes in elevation, and is relatively uncrowded. My preference is to start this hike about 20 minutes before sunrise.