About the authorCurt is an avid traveler who has been sharing his travel stories on the Internet since 1994. Read more about Curt and his travel blog.
- Assumption of the Blessed Virgin at the Cathedral of Chartres
- Safely home from Paris
- The coast of Greenland from 38,000 feet
- The day we were left alone in the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles
- Regional words and fat Frenchmen
- Eiffel Tower twinkling at night
- Eiffel Tower in the fog
- Safe arrival in Paris
- Latest adventure underway
- Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated
Tag Archives: Ljubljana
I’ve been reviewing a lot of my old travel blog posts recently and sharing the more interesting ones on Facebook and Twitter. While doing this, I noticed a glaring omission on my part. There was a story I never told … Continue reading
I had the best meal of my trip this evening here in Ljubljana. I’d walked past a little hole-in-the-wall place with a sign that read “home cooking” several times since yesterday, so tonight I walked in. I don’t even know the name of the place.
I had a brief but funny moment at the border yesterday. The Croatian border guard opened my passport, flipped through the pages for a moment, and said, “Mr. Gilman, where are you going today?” Answering wasn’t so easy for me. “I can’t pronounce it,” I said. “It’s Loo … Lube …” Then, one of the two beautiful young Slovenian women sharing my compartment laughed and said, “Ljubljana.” I guess the answer was okay. The border guard stamped my passport.